Digital Underground Storytelling for Youth strives to provide superior educational services in caring environment and to make a positive, measurable difference to insure that all youth (but especially those in low-income communities we serve, in the U.S and around the world) have access to cutting-edge digital tools and effective social and pedagogical guidance in order to:
- Create multimodal representations of self and community
- Share these with wider audiences locally and globally
- Use digital media tools as a way of reflecting critically on self, community, society, and world.
Digital Underground Storytelling for Youth, creates "Digital Pathways" for youth programming which offers a flexible route for young people from diverse communities to cultivate their digital storytelling and media literacy skills. We also focus on developing their "soft" skills, where students learn how to become more successful in collaborating with others and learn how to produce high-quality creative products and professional digital portfolios.
- We devote our resources to delivering quality, safe, cost effective, socially responsible educational services.
- We advance educational research, community education, access to higher learning professionals, and sponsor graduate school mentors.
- We collaborate with others to deliver a continuum of care that improves the education of our community. We are also focused on the state standards to provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn.